Update: The final program is now available. Online registration is still open: https://indico3-jsc.fz-juelich.de/event/113/ (click 'Register Now', then you can select in person or online; online participants will receive a Zoom link in due course). To allow also participants from non-European regions to participate in the workshop, recordings of most sessions and talks will be made available to registered participants.
The last year has seen tremendous progress on large scale machine learning for numerical weather prediction. In the workshop we will take stock of the developments and discuss possible next steps and open research frontiers. For this, the workshop will bring together researchers from industry, modeling centers and academia and provide a forum for detailed discussions on the subject.
The workshop will be a mixture of talks and discussions to allow for a free exchange of ideas and help propel the field forward. Topics include:
- Network architectures and training protocols for numerical weather prediction
- Towards operational use of machine learning-based numerical weather prediction
- Uncertainties and ensemble methods
- Training on observational data
- Sub-seasonal and seasonal forecasts and climate projections